Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find companies that transport automobiles? Thankfully you found us and we are happy to be here for you. The most highly searched companies and THE MOST REPUTABLE are found on the first few pages of the internet. A more common place to look is in the Yellow Pages, but rarely will you find the most reputable.
How much does it cost to transport an automobile?
VAT Strives to provide the unsurpassed White-Glove Services and unbeatable prices. The cost of transporting an automobile depends on several factors. The distance involved (from point A to B?). The type of vehicle to be transported (SUV's are bigger and heavier, so they cost more to transport). If you would like an exact quote for your automobile, please call or email us.
How long does it take to transport an automobile?
This depends on several factors. Average transport time from coast to coast is 7 to 14 days and the further detour arrangements can take a little longer to transport. With our state-of the-Art transports we can achieve a more efficient delivery time frame, usually up to 20% faster than anyone in the industry!
What do I need to do to prepare my auto for transport?
Please be very thorough in this process to ensure the faster transporting process. Your car should be in good operating condition. It should start, run, drive and stop like normal, in-operable vehicles are difficult to transport and have higher costs. We are dedicated to saving you money and we want to keep your costs to a minimum.
May I pack personal effects in my vehicle?
We recommend that you please do not pack personal effects in your vehicle. Your car is insured during transport, but any contents are not. The items left in the vehicle are at the owner’s risk. Also, please do not overload your vehicle because this makes it difficult to safely load it onto our transports. We care about your investment and your belongings.
What about insurance? Is my car insured while in transit?
ABSOLUTLY! Yes, your car is insured during transit. We have the highest cargo insurance to fully cover your vehicle in case anything should happen. The contract or bill of lading will explain this in details. We are here for you because our clients have been there for us!
What is a drive away service and how do they work?
Drive away companies provide a person to drive your car from one location to another. VAT Does Not recommended and will not provide this service. You are responsible for any mechanical problems your car encounters during the drive (from flat tires to damage on the drive train). Our insurance will not cover this service and we want you to be fully satisfied with your transport experience. Using a service of this type (drive-away) can jeopardize your satisfaction. We care about our Clients.
How do I decide which auto transport company to use?
This decision lies within yourself, we would be very thankful to have earned your business and we know the satisfaction you will have from using VAT. However, we always let consumers know all the facts and terms of transporting their vehicle / investment.
Remember, we must have a working phone number where you may be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle relocation. We also like to keep our Clients informed throughout the transport process to help with any concerns or questions. Let us do all the work for you!
Transit times will also vary depending on the time of year and the origination and destination of your particular move. Your estimated transit time will be indicated on your quote and order confirmation documents. Call us in advance to get a brief estimate upon your shipment.. We are open from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. Central standard time for your convenience.
Preparing for Shipment:
(Please follow these tips to get your investment shipped faster!)
1. The vehicle must have no obvious fluid leaks.
2. Your battery must be secure in the mounting bracket.
3. The vehicle must be clean for inspection. A dirty vehicle decreases the ability to perform a quality inspection.
4. The gas tank must have a minimum of (1/8) tank of fuel, but no more than (1/2) tank of fuel.
5. All alarm systems must be disconnected, disabled, or turned off.
6. Radios, cassette decks or CD players not built in, car phones, garage door openers, and E-Z pass must be removed.
7. All antennas must be fully retracted or removed.
8. All personal belongings must be removed. (except standard vehicle items such as the jack and spare tire)
9. All exterior spare tire covers grill covers, or car covers must be removed.
10. Plants and hazardous materials are forbidden by law to be transported.
11. One set of ALL keys for the vehicle must be provided.
12. Non-permanent luggage racks, bike racks, or ski racks must be removed.
13. Your vehicle must be prepared for the new climate. This may include engine coolant, transmission oil, and other fluids
14. To ensure the most effective assistance, please inform us of changes or instructions... ahead of time.